The Series That Tore SAS Apart
From SAS Wiki
The series in question is the 3rd round of the 2006 NHL Playoffs between the Buffalo Sabres and the Carolina Hurricanes. Easily the largest source of hockey thread animosity since the Hockey Punch Player Incident.
- Argued that Carolina was the luckiest team on the face of the earth due to the immense injury bug that hit the team.
- Made accusations of Carolina fans being rednecks.
Carolina Fans (lol)
- Flung themselves headfirst onto a bandwagon they knew nothing about, with a couple of exceptions.
- Tried to talk like they understood what the fuck they were watching.
- Thought the level of hatred in a series involving Buffalo and Carolina was kind of cute.
- Weren't entirely aware that Hockey existed.
- The series resulted in many probations, at least one banning (Mr. Kite) and set the stage for one later permabanning (Robert Downey Jr.)
- Buffalo still can't win anything