Mike Milbury was a shitty general manager for the New York Islanders. He once beat a fan with a shoe. No joke. He has basically traded away an entire All-Star team during his tenure and received peanuts in return. The Islanders did not win a playoff series with him as GM. Now Mike Milbury is a shitty broadcaster for the NBC Sports Network, where he regularly endorses violently beating a member of the opposing team to death during each period.
Epic moves by Mike Milbury
- Ottawa Senators trade Bryan Berard, Don Beaupre and Martin Straka to the New York Islanders for Damian Rhodes and Wade Redden
- New York Islanders trade Todd Bertuzzi, Bryan McCabe and 3rd round selection (Jarkko Ruutu) to the Vancouver Canucks for Trevor Linden.
- Selecting Rick Dipietro instead of Dany Heatley as the first overall pick, even though he already had Roberto Lunogo.
- New York Islanders trade Olli Jokinen and Roberto Luongo to the Florida Panthers for Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha
- Ottawa Senators trade Alexei Yashin to the New York Islanders for Zdeno Chara, Bill Muckalt and 1st round selection (Jason Spezza)
- Edmonton Oilers trade Janne Niinimaa and a 2nd round selection (Evgeni Tunik) to the New York Islanders for Brad Isbister and Raffi Torres
I think he secretly loves Canadian teams or something.