A bunch of overpaid bust big men (Danny Manning, Scott Pollard, Greg Ostertag, Eric Chenowith, Drew Gooden, Raef Lafrentz, Nick Collison, Wayne Simien, Julian Wright) and some guy named Wilt Chamberlain. However there is one gem by the name of Kirk Hinrich. Some people have also heard of gang stabbing victim Paul Pierce.
National championships can't hurt though:
Post Season Performance
- Roy Williams took the Jayhawks to the promised land of the second round many years in a row before accidently going to the national championship and deciding that he did, indeed, give a shit about North Carolina. All it required was five years, one ass-beating and a national championship to squash this little misunderstanding.
- Bill Self took Kansas to an Elite Eight because he hadn't learned how Kansas works in the post season yet and then went back to the post season choking tradition of losing in the first round in consecutive years to the Bucknell Bisons and Bradley Braves. This caused the back of his hair to stand up despite repeated attempts to mat it down.
Rock, Chalk, Pictures of Jayhawks
Mass Street in Lawrence, KS moments before the inevitable tears.
- Missouri Tigers- because they burned down Lawrence in Quantrill's Raid and the fans are still stuck in an 1860's mindset and want to relive the border war.
- Kansas State Wildcats- because Kansas fans are Starbucks drinking, Volvo driving, hippie liberals and K-State fans are square dancing, pickup truck driving, redneck conservatives.
- Duke Blue Devils- because everyone hates those faggots.
- Illinois Fighting Illini is a rivalry among the more retarded Kansas fans because Bill Self came to Kansas from Illinois (and repeatedly kicks Bruce Weber's ass in recruiting).
- North Carolina- because Roy Williams went there and actually won a title.
Kentucky Wildcats Memphis TigersKentucky Wildcats- The University of Kansas would like to cordially welcome our newest recruiting rivals, the Kentucky Wildcats Memphis TigersKentucky Wildcats. Okay, no more Mr. Niceguy, stay away from our fucking recruits.
KU - KSU Rivalry
Tau had this to say about it, just hours before they lost 84-75: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=280302306.
Historical Significance and the Genesis of Basketball
- Dr. James Naismith First coach at Kansas and inventor of basketball. He coached...
- Forrest "Phog" Allen+ Think of him as the wolfmother of modern basketball. He coached...
Now, it continues
- Dean Smith+ coached...
- Adolph Rupp+ coached...
- A bunch of white...um, I mean, diverse...uh, you know what? See Kentucky
+ Won national championship
Football wasn't always a fat joke at KU.
|NCAA DIVISION I|
|BIG TWELVE, aka Bevo and the Nine Steers|